We are seeking a podcast producer to produce approximately 12 interviews each year including research, scheduling, question preparation, and audio and video editing. This role is a part-time salaried position in the San Francisco Bay Area to support local interviews and face-to-face collaboration with the host, Scott Snibbe. Benefits include matching 401(k) plan.
- Manage the booking and scheduling of guests
- Contribute to the selection of guests and topics, show research, host prep, and scripting
- Edit audio and video of episodes in Descript
- Coordinate with mastering and digital production staff for final delivery of episodes
- 3-5 years experience as a podcast or radio producer, preferably including an in-depth interview show
- 3-5 years experience in audio production and editing experience, preferably in podcasting with Descript
- Experience with video editing of podcasts for web/YouTube delivery, preferably with Descript
- Experience setting up and recording video and audio on-site
- Ability to set / meet deadlines and work collaboratively
- Proven editorial judgment and an ear for good sound
- Clear and compelling writing and editing skills
- Great organization and communication skills
- Experience with meditation, Buddhism, mindfulness, wellness or other related practices
A Skeptic’s Path to Enlightenment brings the inner science of Buddhist meditation to twenty-first century people hungry for happy, meaningful lives. Through our podcast, educational programs, and publications, we share a secular approach to meditation that requires no belief beyond our current understanding of science and psychology.
Skeptic’s Path meditations are based on powerful analytical meditation techniques that use imagination, emotions, and critical inquiry to probe our inner and outer realities and expand our compassion. These mind training techniques based on the Tibetan Buddhist tradition, expand on the popular mindfulness approach to meditation to help us better understand our minds from the inside out, building healthy mental habits that are the true causes of happiness.
We are a kind, inclusive, joyful organization that embodies the positive values that our guests and host promote in our podcast, educational programs, and publications. We welcome the richness that comes from diverse experiences in education, class, age, culture, ethnicity, race, color, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, nation of origin, languages spoken, able-bodiedness, religion and beliefs.
Social Media Manager
We are seeking a part-time social media manager to increase engagement and grow the audience of A Skeptic’s Path to Enlightenment’s weekly meditation podcast, blog, and courses.
You will create content for our social accounts based on podcast episodes and blog posts, including quotes and audio/video clips for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIN, Reddit, as well as our private group in Facebook.
- Excellence at understanding how to create and grow engagement and audience through organic social media posts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN, and Reddit.
- Experienced in using audio, image, and video editing tools to create images of quotes, guests, and short video excerpts for social media.
- A good creative design sense for visual assets.
- Clear and compelling writing and editing skills.
- Ability to track and analyze the analytics behind marketing initiatives to optimize growth.
- Background in marketing, social media management, or community management.
- Experience with meditation or Buddhist content is a plus.
- Ability to work part-time at 10 hours a week, $15-25/hour.
This is a part-time position that can be performed remotely for a team based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Statement on Equal Opportunity
A Skeptic’s Path to Enlightenment is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.